Edens post about speeches week 7

Kia ora my name is Eden and I am in Whanau 18.Today I am going to be telling you about Whanau 17 & 18’s speeches. We have had a journey with our speeches and we had to hurry or else we wouldn’t be able to trial for TAKP finals.

Once we had finished our speeches, we had to share them to the classroom. Then Mrs K had a tough choice on who would go in the TAKP finals from Whanau 18. So last week on Friday Mrs K made her choice up. She choose me (Eden) and Sofia Arlund. Sofia and I were off to the TAKP speech finals. We were going up against really hard people, so it was a challenge for us. Only one year five and one year six could make it into the Mount Cluster speeches. Whaea Sharron, Matua Rod and Whaea Emily chose Sarah(Room 16) and I to represent Te Akau Ki Papamoa.

On Wednesday, Sarah and I had the Mount Cluster speeches. We went up against St Thomas More, Papamoa, Tahatai, Mount Primary, Omanu, and Golden Sands. The judges names were called Bonnie,and Flether. They took like an hour to figure out who would be in the Western Bays. I was nervous but I didn’t need to be nervous because I made it into the Western bays.